WORK WITH US
Community Campaigns Executive
Type: Full time – 35 hours/week.
Location: Cork (Cork University Hospital)
Salary: DOE (Approx. €35,000-€40,000)
ABOUT CUH Charity
Established in 2012, CUH (Cork University Hospital) Charity is the nominated charity of Cork University Hospital (CUH) and Cork University Maternity Hospital (CUMH). We work closely with the management team and healthcare experts at CUH and CUMH to identify the hospital’s most pressing needs and provide financial support for all departments.
CUH Charity identifies a selection of focused appeals that require our assistance. We offer a wide range of opportunities for people to donate to these vital causes through organising and supporting fundraising events. Our work is very much a team effort, from the charity representatives to our wonderful volunteers and hospital staff. We encourage community involvement by offering opportunities for workplace and school fundraising, along with a wide range of other ways to give.
CUH Charity is seeking a Community Campaigns Executive to play an important role in delivering an ambitious fundraising plan.
Reporting to the Head of Development and Marketing, the role will be responsible for managing all interactions between CUH Charity and the public. This role really is the face of CUH Charity, so you will be working alongside ambassadors such as Peter O’Mahony and Dr Con Murphy.
This role requires a motivated and energetic individual with lots of creativity and with experience of delivering income growth through effective event management and participant management. You will be driven and dynamic and relish the opportunity to deliver significant growth to support the Charity to achieve its ambitious goals.
• Guide supporters through their fundraising journey with regular, relevant communications and supplying any items they may need.
• Project manage a portfolio of events – from Idea generation through to completion
• In collaboration with your colleagues, create marketing plans for events to inspire and secure supporters and/or build help supporters build their events.
• Develop and deliver excellent supporter communications to drive up income and supporter retention
• Continually evaluate your portfolio to ensure the achievement of income targets
• Setting the annual budgets for your income streams, providing monthly reports and implementing contingency plans when required
• Working closely with colleagues to secure public support and ensure seamless stewardship of supporters across teams
• Contributing to the annual strategic planning, including agreeing strategic objectives, KPIs and milestones
• Keep up to date with events/community fundraising initiatives and news from across the third sector to help inform our own activity
• Forging relationships across the hospital and the wider community.
• Keeping Salesforce up to date, with donor information & income received
• Negotiating the best rates and options for the charity.
• Undertaking any other duties that are commensurate with the role as requested by the Line Manager
• Always ensure that the CUH Charity brand is protected and grows through all events
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS NEEDED
To succeed in this role, the candidate will demonstrate evidence of the following:
• Clear evidence of an ability to multitask
• Fluent in English
• Full Clean Drivers Licence and flexibility to travel (including outside of Ireland)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail and a systematic approach to work
• Bring creativity and idea generation to support the charity’s goals
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to maximise the impact of every campaign
• Reliability and adaptability – a ‘can do’ attitude
• Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively in a team
• This position involves working as part of a busy development team and staff are required to have a degree of flexibility in their work and attitude
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience working in the non-profit sector
• Experience working in events
• Experience in Salesforce Database is an advantage, but not essential. Training is available.
• 35 hours per week
• Location: CUH Charity office is in Cork (Open to remote working with at least one day a week in CUH for meetings etc.)
• Hours: Due to the nature of the role, significant flexibility is required from both the employee and the employer.
• 21 days
• Time off in lieu
Applications should be sent to [email protected] and include a CV (max 2 pages) and a brief cover letter outlining your suitability for the role by 5pm 16th September.