CUH Charity Triathlon FAQ
Here are some answers to some frequently asked questions for our upcoming Triathlon
When should I arrive?
• Registration will commence at Registration desk by the National Rowing Centre Clubhouse. Registration will be open from 12.30pm on the Saturday the 18th of June.
Where do I need to go when I have arrived?
• Parking will be in Farran woods which Coillte are providing to us free of charge on the day and the barrier will be up to allow for entry and exit.
Are there going to be lockers where I can leave my stuff?
• There will not be lockers but we will have stewarts who while be at each transition location. We would advise people to leave valuables at home or in car.
Where can I find a course map?
• Course route is outlined here.
Are spectators allowed and where?
• There is plenty of room for spectators. As this is a fun event to raise funds for cancer we are encouraging people to bring family and friends. There is plenty of space to watch the swim. The cycle is on the road but cyclists can be cheered on as the start and finish the cycle. The run also allows for spectators to encourage all participants.
DURING THE RACE
Is there a staggered swim start?
• We will stagger the swim for safety reasons and plan to leave those doing the longer distance start first. We will encourage stronger swimmers to step forward and go ahead. Remember this is a fun event so we would ask the very strong participants to respect everyone around them at all times.
Which equipment is needed for the swim?
• Wet suit is recommended and goggles and hat – a number of kayaks and a safety boat will be there for safety reasons.
Do I need to bring my own bike?
• We are encouraging people to bring their own bikes. If you do not have one please contact the CUH Charity and we will endeavour to assist you. We would presume that all cyclists would have done some level of training on a bike before the event.
What equipment is mandatory for the bike section?
• It is mandatory that all participants in the cycle wear helmets.
What mandatory equipment do I need for the run?
• We would recommend a good running shoe.
How many water stops will be on the run?
• 2 per lap
AFTER THE RACE
Where do I find out about the results?
• We will send the results to all participants. We would emphasise that this is a fun event.
Thank you to our sponsors: